North Shore Republican Women is the largest of 8 Republican Women clubs in Montgomery County, and the third largest in the state of Texas.
We are committed to actively supporting
Republican candidates, informing our
membership of the political process and
the issues affecting all of us; to providing
strength and unity to the party, and to
offering a source of year-round volunteer
service of our members.
North Shore Republican Women meets the first Wednesday of the month at Bentwater Yacht Club, unless otherwise noted on the home page of this website. We also try to have two evening meetings a year at a restaurant in the area. Sign-in for luncheon meetings starts at 10:45 a.m. with the meeting beginning at 11:00 a.m., lunch served at 11:30 a.m., and program at noon. Meetings generally last until approximately 1:00 p.m. Lunch is optional, but reservations must be made by clicking on the reservation link on the home page. There are no meetings in July and August.
Bentwater Yacht Club, 200 Bentwater Dr., Montgomery, TX (on Lake Conroe between Willis and Montgomery).
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1993, Montgomery, TX 77356
What We Do
- Have informative/effective meetings
- Meet the candidates and elected officials
- Meet local and state political people
- Elect outstanding Republicans to office
- Work for campaigns and elections
- Plan fund-raisers for Republican causes and candidates
- Increase visibility through support and participation in Community projects
- Attend conventions and seminars
- Lobby for issues important to our community with local, state and national officials
- Learn to become effective leaders
- Promote literacy
- Meet new friends with common goals
The Republican Philosophy
- That the right of the individual to achieve the best that is within him, as long as he respects the rights of others, is the source of our nation's strength.
- That government exists to protect the freedom of opportunity in which each individual's creative ability can flourish.
- That government's activities should be limited to those things which people cannot do at all, or cannot do well for themselves.
- That the most effective government is government closest to the people.
- That those who cannot provide for themselves should be assisted by both government and society, but that every effort should be made to help them become self-supporting, productive citizens with pride in their independence.
- That equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity belong to all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin.
- That the preservation of our Nation and the security of our citizens depend upon the Constitution, the laws, and the courts, and that respect for them is the responsibility of every individual.
- That government is accountable for maintaining sound money and a responsible economy. Individual rights, liberties and properties are continually eroded when citizens are oppressed by excessive taxation, inflation, government waste and over-regulation.
- That government is responsible for national defense and that only a strong America can remain a free America. That it is absolutely essential to maintain a strong national defense posture in order that we may at all times negotiate from a position of strength, not weakness, in our continuing efforts toward world peace and friendship.
- That these concepts are the foundation of our national strength and the Republican Party, which is committed to their preservation, is the party of today and the party for the future.